MonaLisa Touch® Q & A
MonaLisa Touch® (MLT) is a fractional CO2 laser made specifically to treat the vaginal and vulvar tissues. It was FDA approved in December 2014 for treatment of vaginal atrophy. The laser creates micro-injuries in the treated skin which elicits a healing response that improves the feel, look and function of this area.
The treatment takes about 5 minutes and is not painful. For the internal part, most people only feel a vibration sensation. With the use of numbing cream, the external treatment is very well tolerated too. For a few days after the treatment, women experience a sunburn-like sensation.
MonaLisa Touch® treatments are repeated at six-week intervals for a total of three treatments. It is recommended that a single, boost treatment be done annually to maintain vaginal health.
MLT is a very effective non-hormonal treatment for vulvar-vaginal atrophy. Most everyone’s skin is restored to a healthier state and the atrophy is gone. 90% of patients are happy they had done it. The remaining 10% often need additional treatments to resolve their symptoms.
Vaginal pain, pain with sex, decreased libido, ability to orgasm, discharge, recurrent vaginal infections and/or bladder infections, urinary incontinence, night time urination, loose vagina and skin disorders.
MLT is $1000/treatment for the first 3 and $500/treatment for the yearly maintenance procedure.
Call (775) 432-1343 to schedule your MonaLisa Touch® treatment series today!
VOTIVA Q & A
Votiva is a versatile radio-frequency workstation for women’s health and wellness, combining gentle volumetric heating with fractional coagulation of tissue. FormaV is the hand piece that allows delivery of bi-polar radiofrequency (RF) energy to the vagina and vulva. RF heats the deeper tissues to stimulate collagen and elastin to increase support, tighten tissues and increase the plumpness of the tissues. This is very effective for urinary incontinence and vaginal tightening.
The treatment is painless and usually takes about 20 minutes. No numbing cream is necessary and there is no downtime or discomfort afterwards.
How many treatments are needed?
Three treatments are recommended 2-6 weeks apart. Also, a yearly boost is recommended to maintain results.
RF treatments are very effective for plumping, tightening and increasing support. This is a great option for the non-surgical treatment of stress urinary incontinence and restoration of a pre-baby vagina. This treatment may also help decrease mild to moderate prolapse.
Yes. During your consultation, your symptoms will be discussed and a customized plan will be made to optimize your individual results. MLT is good for the superficial atrophy. RF for the deeper tissue atrophy and O-Shot may enhance results.
FormaV is $1000/treatment and is usually packaged as 3 treatments over 3 months. Yearly maintenance is recommended for $500/treatment.
Call (775) 432-1343 to schedule your Votiva with FormaV treatment series today!